Sunday, April 5, 2009

Math Project Geometically designed skull

I have a math project due where me and a partner come of with a geometric design, like a crop circle, and then we have to execute it 5ft x 5ft or bigger. My partner and I came up with a skull like design. Because we both don't drive we decided to put it onto two piece of canvas, 5ft x 2.5ft. Because I have the resources, I got the stretcher bars, mounted the canvas, and primed them.





We decided to both take a side and work on it after discussing it with the teacher. I'm supposed to bring him his side on Tuesday, and we where going to draw it out at lunch. But because I have a lot of time on my hands I took it upon myself to draw it out. Which I'm hoping isn't a big deal, and started priming out the unnecessary lines, and painting my half so I don't have to worry about it later in the week. To the best of my knowledge he doesn't have a lot of resources as I normally do so I thought this would make life easy on everyone.




Here is my side so far. I originally was going to go for a bright pink skull under painting and a blurple background, but when I went to mix my neon pink with a bit of yellow, the yellow over powered and I ended up with orange. I painted what I had out and went and mixed a warm baby pink. Painted that over most of it and then used that baby pink, added some blue, got a odd shade of green and used that for the background.

As I said before this is just a under painting, the colors will be nothing like this when I'm done. None the less it is still looking kind of neato.

No comments: